Thursday, February 23, 2012

Blank Maps - Between You & Me



It has been a fairly hectic couple of weeks, hence the lack of updates. I am going to be travelling, first to join Labirinto on tour for a week then to Europe for two months. And then I move to NYC right when I get back. The trip starts next week and there is still preparation to be done. This song has been great for calming a good deal of that stress.

These past couple weeks have had some great music discoveries as well as new releases. However, there is one album (or... well, "single" I guess) that I just cannot get enough of. Blank Maps - Single 2. Granted, there are only two songs but my god... I can't stop listening to them! Blank Maps had instantly reached the top of my list of favourite indie artists since I had discovered their song, Double Rainbow from their EP, wasn't related to the humourous youtube video. Since then they've come out with four songs on two singles. Their music has matured quite a bit since the EP, which was already great.

I often get excited when I find a band that I like and I often say, "I'm looking forward to these guys' new releases." So, it might not be a surprise to hear me say that for these guys, but I'm going to say it anyway. Seeing their progression since their EP, I'm REALLY looking forward to their next releases.


[Last.fm] [Bandcamp] [SoundCloud] [Facebook] [Myspace] [AmazingTunes]
(Singles available for free on Bandcamp, EP on AmazingTunes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment