Saturday, April 02, 2011

Concerts: Képzelt Város at Szabad az á.. in Budapest, HU (4/1)

Since I listened to White Noise on a last.fm multi tag radio station (Post-Rock + Cello) two years ago I have wanted to see this band play live. But I never thought I'd truly have the opportunity. The past couple days I had been so wrapped up in his beautiful city, Budapest, when they started playing I remembered why I am here... to experience such intense music.

The show started with Kisherceg which was a 3 piece, primarily instrumental with some vocals. It was a very strong opener and impressed me enough to want to purchase their music some day. 

Aandos came up next. They played that night as a 3 piece wihout their vocalist. The instrumental was awesome. They are somewhat like a mathrock/post-rock band. And sounded phenomenal. They also gave me a shirt for coming all the way from the US, heh heh. I will wear it proudly at the next rock show (God Is An Astronaut in Ljubljana).

And then Képzelt Város... I got to hang out and drink a few beers with the band. They are such great people! I got made fun of a few times for my difficulty in pronouncing ö, especially Gyöngyi (the cellist) and sör (beer). Hah hah.
Anyway, they started their set strong with White Noise then Papirhajo then played a few new songs, another old one, then finished with D2. I couldn't have prepared myself for this show. I have always loved their music since I first heard them, but man, they completely blew me away last night. D2 caused tears to roll out of my eyes.

This euro music trip has officially begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment