Thursday, June 23, 2011

the Corny - It Was






Toward the end of my Europe trip I was enroute from Vienna to Budapest by train. My good friend greeted me at the train station and had expressed earlier that she had a surprise for me. Of course, I was really anxious and excited about this surprise. As she walked me through Pest all the buildings started to look familiar yet I had no clue where we were. We end up stopping at a secured gate. Words which I could not understand were exchanged between her and the security guard before the gate unlocked for us to pass through. The surprise ended up being a new band's, the Corny's, rehearsal at the Keleti Blokk. And a surprise it was. (The only other band that I got to experience this kind of performance with was Magna in Los Angeles.) It was a delight seeing The Corny play and an amazing last day to my trip.

Since that night I have been anticipating their first album release. The album is still currently in the works, but they've released one song a teaser. Listening to this song the first time earlier today I was brought back to Keleti Blokk, reliving the moments in my head.


[Facebook] [SoundCloud]
(No albums out yet. Follow them on Facebook for updates on their debut album's release!)

No comments:

Post a Comment