Friday, February 03, 2012

time&time - Darkness






My good friend, and time&time's label head, introduced me to this band. His pitch to me was, "instrumental jams with harmonica and shit." I was sold. I'm always open to music that incorporates instruments outside of their genre. I've heard a lot of post and progressive instrumental rock and I don't think I'll ever completely tire of the style. However, it is always refreshing hearing something different. And it isn't just the usage of harmonica (which is just featured in this song and Robot Reprise) that is different. They have a play style that is familiar for those that listen to post-rock but with influences that aren't commonly heard in the genre.

Now, I know the song abruptly ends (it leads into the next song), and normally I like to feature songs that don't do that just in regards to the artist. But this song has the harmonica and was what initially piqued my interest.


Also, for those viewers that live in or around St. Louis, time&time will be opening for two other phenomenal bands, O'Brother and Junius.
http://www.last.fm/event/3142993+O%27Brother-Junius
This should be a really good show.


[Last.fm] [Soundcloud] [Facebook] [Website] [YouTube]
(Albums are available for purchase on iTunes and can be streamed on Spotify.)

No comments:

Post a Comment