Sunday, June 10, 2012

Blog news, a new direction, and today's song: Snowing - So I Shotgunned A Beer And Went Back To Bed



[Last.fm] [Bandcamp] [Facebook] [Myspace] [Website]
(Album is available for purchase on Bandcamp. Their five track demo is also available here.


So, I'm putting this blog to rest. When I had time it was easy to go on music exploration binges and find new artists I liked to feature on the blog. But once I started the partial tour with Labirinto at the beginning of March then went to Europe for two months then moved here to New York City, life has jumped into overdrive. Sadly, I haven't had much opportunity to do music exploration for my own self. But there are occasional moments that one band is brought to my attention that compells me to share, like now. (Thanks to The Tidal Sleep for linking this one on facebook.) I will say that this was a good experience, and I enjoyed sharing these small-time artists. And on one occasion I actually got to meet one of the artists I featured, which was pretty cool.

The Wandering Musicphile is most certainly not dead, just taking a new route. I will be updating with new music just like I am now, when I come across it. But the frequency between updates will be considerably low even compared to the recent past. However, what I mean by "a new route" is the ongoing project I mentioned in my previous post. I have decided to just give it a generic name, "The Wandering Musicphile presents...," because while my creativity expands into video post-production it does not expand into thinking of names. Hah hah.

Some updates on "The Wandering Musicphile Presents: Our Ceasing Voice"... I shot 55 gigs of 1080p24, H.264 video in Austria between Achenkirch (home town), Innsbruck, and Vienna. At that compression, that is a lot of video. I edited occasionally in various coffee shops and restaurants during my visit to Budapest, Hungary and Sofia, Bulgaria. In Sofia I locked down the edit and was about to go into colour correction, title sequences, and minor compositing (if it needed any). Two people got to see it in its entirety so far, one of my best friends in Hungary and my good Bulgarian friend, and guitarist of Mental Architects. Both reacted with surprise and delight. They both expressed that they feel like after watching this 20 minute video they know Our Ceasing Voice on a deeper level. (Which was nice to hear since I was hoping to cause people to feel.) Shortly after the second showing my hard drive had mechanical failure due to a drop. Needless to say, that put a dark, depressing dent into my trip. Now that I am back in the US, I took the hard drive in the lab for repairs. I was originally told it will take 3-5 days. That was 12 days ago. The HD is severely damaged. Even after the first attempt at repair and lab recovery, when they ran it it was reading excruciatingly slow. So it had to go back into the lab. My anxiousness is peaking, and I'm sure as well as the guys in Our Ceasing Voice. A lot of talk has been going on about our ideas of what to do with the project IF we can get it back.

If I do get the drive back intact, look forward to seeing an intimate look on the Austrian instrumental rock band, Our Ceasing Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment