Friday, September 23, 2011

Smallman - Evolution



It's wonderful being back in Los Angeles, even if it's a short amount of time. But I haven't really done much since I've been back, other than work. And I haven't had much time to discover more artists and make more posts. But there are a couple bands I have on backlog I should try to feature.

Well, today's post is a Bulgarian band that Максим of Mental Architects introduced me to a while back. Metal + Bagpipes... nicccce. What I do like about this band as opposed to other rock or metal artists that use bagpipes is that they are not folk. Don't get me wrong, I love folk, and I absolutely love folk rock or folk metal. But sometimes it's nice to have folk instruments used in a very non-folk way.


For those of you dropping by that happen to live in or around Bulgaria, Smallman and Mental Architects will be playing at Stage51 in Пловдив (Plovdiv) on October 22nd.
http://www.last.fm/event/2066358+Smallman+at+Stage+51+on+22+October+2011

[Last.fm] [Facebook] [Myspace]
(Album available for purchase on iTunes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment