Thursday, September 01, 2011

A Hawk and a Hacksaw - The Sparrow



Lately I've been tiring of intense, progressive, emotional stuff... particularly post-rock and classical. I think Arvo Pärt burnt me out. Jazz, ambient, electronic, math rock, none of these were drastic enough of a difference for me. And then someone played Dark Dark Dark on turntable.fm. I love folk, but Dark Dark Dark showed me a different side of folk. So, as with my usual obsessive self, I search for everything Dark Dark Dark. I came across the events page on last.fm and saw A Hawk And A Hacksaw was touring with DDD. This band must be similar, I'll check it out. Aaaand wow. Dark Dark Dark was different, but this... this is on the other side of the globe. This is exactly what I was looking for, something that doesn't even remotely come close to being comparable to post-rock. I have found my new love, balkan and gypsy style folk. So, for the next few days you may a lot more folk music.

Now, I know that A Hawk And A Hacksaw is relatively known, 93k listeners on last.fm. But I have become fanatic about this band.

[Last.fm] [Discogs] [Facebook] [Myspace] [Website] [Midheaven] (Albums available for purchase on Discogs, Midheaven, and iTunes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment