Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Hidden By The Grapes - Blowout



As I was working yesterday I was listening to Lehnen radio on last.fm when these guys came on with One Shot For The Leprechaun. What instantly stood out to me was the jazzy parts of the song. Now, I've heard bands introduce more of a fusion jazz to their music. But this was straight-up jazz. Of course, any band that can switch styles so drastically piques my interest.

Listening to their album, Noise-Operated Jazz I'm instantly transported back to the feelings I had when I loved (and was kind of limited to) alternative rock. But what really sets them apart from the typical alt-rock is that... well... they're not typical. Alt-rock, indie, noise, even jazz can all be heard from this album. I couldn't help but instantly fall in love with this band. If this is what Alternative could sound like, I might actually get back into Alternative Rock again.

Add one more to the list of musicians I would love to see live (or at least meet) on my next Europe trip!


[Last.fm] [Bandcamp] [Facebook] [Myspace] [JustAloud] [Merchandise]
(Albums are available on Bandcamp for free or whatever price you decide to pay.)

No comments:

Post a Comment