Friday, May 06, 2011

The Carbonfools - Hideaway



I'm finally back. From now on I should be updating fairly frequently as I used to. I just had to take a bit of a break after returning. The trip was so intense. Everything we experience through life changes us. But there are some things that we experience that changes us quite drastically.

I met this woman in Budapest from a God Is An Astronaut/Marionette ID show at the Dürer-Kert in Budapest. Usually I like to look around me and see how different people take in the music. When I glanced over to her I stared for a minute, intrigued at the way she seemed to emanate her passion as she stood there, hands covering her face blocking all other senses, swaying slowly back and forth, and not just listening to the music but truly trying to experience it. In the later days we met up in a really cool pub in Budapest and spent the entire evening talking about music. During this time she introduced me to The Carbonfools, one of the bands she helps promotes. This was the song she turned me on to. I liked it a lot. But because of the intensity of everything happening at the moment, I don't think my reception to it wasn't nearly as strong as when I listened to it a second time. Back in the US on the way to the Norman Music Festival I popped in the new Carbon Soul cd she gave me to give to my friend. (I had to listen to it at least once! Hah hah.) Track six comes up, it's this song. I guess it just had more impact that time with the flood of memories and feelings of the trip, and in particular that evening I first heard it.

[Last.fm] [Bandcamp] [Facebook] [Myspace] [Website]
(A couple songs are available for purchase on Bandcamp, and their albums are available on iTunes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment