Sunday, May 22, 2011

Kovlo - Charlotte



It is 00:11, everything emitting light is either covered or turned off. A pillow rests at the foot of the door, the room light are turned off, the computer power cable pulled (a little LED shines green), the windows are completely covered. With my sense of sight now completely blocked, I play this song again. Even with the quality of sound emitting from my default laptop speakers, I feel an overwhelming sense of emotion. The piano... the trumpet... a slow growing crescendo, an intense peak, then silence.

It is now 00:17... 00:18... the room becomes illuminated by my computer screen for a fleeting moment. Play once more. Pianos start. And then it's dark again.


There are three types of instruments I absolutely love, strings, brass, and piano. I can't explain why, but either of those instruments seem to really intensify songs... such as the piano and cello in Képzelt Város' Útmutató Újszülötteknek, the violins and trumpets in Years Of Rice And Salt's Among Your Earthiest Words The Angels Stray, the string section of the Cloud Collision Orchestra backing The Non as they play Horse Leper (2010 Norman Music Festival), and even the trumpet in Color TV from the Oklahoman synthpop band Kite Flying Robot. And of course, Kovlo's Charlotte.
Oh I love those instruments.

[Last.fm] [Bandcamp] [Facebook] [Myspace]
(Albums available for purchase on Bandcamp, there are select songs that are available for free.)

No comments:

Post a Comment