Saturday, January 28, 2012

New Album Release: Asfandyar Khan - The North Wind



While it was Talha Wynne that opened me to the Pakistani music scene, Asfandyar Khan was the artist that had first made me intrigued about the scene there. I was listening to some customized post-rock last.fm radio station at work when a particular song came up. I quickly switched over to the last.fm app and jotted the name down. During my break I did some searches and found out that this man is from Pakistan. Like many others in the western world, I was fairly oblivious to anything about Pakistan. So intrigued at my new discovery, I needed to find more. And I've been consistently surprised by the music scene in Pakistan.

I have to thank this man for being my introduction to such an amazing music scene, which I hope to experience in person some day, and all the events that had transpired because of his music.

Anyway, here is his new album!

[Last.fm] [Bandcamp] [Soundcloud] [Facebook] [Myspace]

No comments:

Post a Comment