Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Introduction

I guess as a first post it would be appropriate to express my intentions for this blog.

I love music. Not only do I love listening but I also love sharing the music that I enjoy. I don't want to be the person bragging, "I'm eclectic, I listen to obscure artists." No, I want to explore and share these obscure artists, open up as many people's eyes to these artists they didn't know existed. Because there is a world of phenomenal music that is just beneath the surface.

I also travel a lot for the sake of good music hence the "wandering" part.

My objectives for this blog:
I will try to post random songs daily, some words about attended concerts (this will not be often because it takes a lot of time to write concert reviews... and I go to a lot of concerts), announce some new album releases, and just various music-related stuff.
I won't do album or artist reviews, though. I'd prefer to let the music speak for itself. I will, however, write my personal experiences with different albums or songs every now and then.
I also won't offer rapidshare, mediafire, or other links. I understand that for some it is the only way to obtain music without giving up food for the week. But I just don't do that. I will offer Facebook, Myspace, Bandcamp, Soundcloud, ReverbNation, Last.fm, Website, and other various links to obtain and follow their music. There are a few blogs in my Recommended Music Blogs list that do offer mediafire links and I would highly suggest checking them out.

Currently my music preference has been post-rock. Most of the music shared here will be of that genre. However, I also love Jazz, Metal, genres that end in -core, Trip-Hop, Electronic, Shoegaze, Mathrock... to name a few. So, there will be an occasional spattering of non-post-rock posts. I am hoping to offer some good variety.


-Bob
[Last.fm Profile]

No comments:

Post a Comment