Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Non w/ Cloud Collision Orchestra - Horse Leper



Around February of this year I was forced to move back to Oklahoma City from Los Angeles. This caused me to become fairly depressed knowing I'll be moving away from a city with a music scene that appeals to my tastes to one that most likely doesn't. So, I did a search on last.fm to see if there are any shows I'd be interested in. That was when I found The Non. I didn't listen to them, though. I wanted to give them the opportunity to "wow" me live. I attended their show with a couple friends. The first song they played was Pigeon Force. Since the moment that song started, I've been a huge, huge fan.

Normally I'd post studio recordings, but this blows away their studio recording. This video is from Norman Music Festival 3 where they played with a 25-piece orchestra, as you can tell. To this day, I still get shivers when see my recordings of this event. Horse Leper was the one song that blew me away the most.

Oklahoma City may not have a big post-rock scene, but we have The Non.


[Last.fm] [Facebook] [Myspace] [Twitter] [Website]
(Albums are for purchase on iTunes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment