Monday, March 14, 2011

Concerts: Caspian at Caledonia Lounge in Athens, Georgia (3/11)

I have to say, Athens is possibly one of the most inconveniently placed towns I've ever been to. If you're not travelling there from Atlanta, you'll be hitting all sorts of heavy traffic back roads. Google maps said 1.5 hours from Cummings, GA. Hah, more like 3.

Okay, enough about that, hah hah. So, I FINALLY arrive in Athens and meet up with a couple friends. We drop by the Trappeze for a beer then walk to Caledonia. I hardly walk three steps in before I hear Ben's (Caspian's band manager) generous greeting. Then I try to scope out the rest of Caspian. After a few hugs, hand shakes, and various conversations about mom and dad, Daughtry, and the future direction of Helium Erin Season 2, the show starts with For A Minor Reflection.


For A Minor Reflection
I embarrassingly mistaken them for being Norwegian. I thought I read somewhere that they were, so I was getting all excited about seeing another Norwegian band a few days later (Youth Pictures Of Florence Henderson). FAMR is Icelandic. Hah.
Anyway, they opened with a very strong set. I'm excited to pop in my newly purchased cd! I'll definitely be following these guys.

Chiaroscuro
The best way to describe them is "Big guys producing big sound." They're more ambient than the other bands that played that night. They also have epic beards. Hah hah.

Native
These guys were more on the indie/screamo side. It wasn't quite my "cup of tea" but they weren't bad. Actually, they were really good. I guess I'm just not much into that style of vocals.

Caspian
They were Caspian. Hah hah, need I say more? This is the fourth time I got to see them. They still blew me away.


Sorry about the brief descriptions. I'm hurrying this post because I'm currently at the venue for The Ascent Of Everest, Youth Pictures Of Florence Henderson, and Deadhorse. Which I hope to update for tomorrow!



Pictures!





For A Minor Reflection
[Last.fm] [Facebook] [Myspace] [Website]

Chiaroscuro
[Last.fm] [Bandcamp] [Facebook] [Myspace]

Native
[Last.fm] [Bandcamp] [Facebook] [Myspace]

Caspian
[Last.fm] [Bandcamp] [Facebook] [Myspace]

No comments:

Post a Comment