Thursday, July 21, 2011

Battlestations - "Segment 2 - The Taste Of The Kill"



I received a message from one of Battlestations last month. I wasn't aware up until now, due to Facebook putting some emails in a directory I never look at. Anyway, after taking a gander, I like these guys a lot. He said they were a post-rock outfit, but I personally feel their music is a lot more ambient than it is post-rock.
To me, their music has a lot of layers. It goes from very fantasy world-like, to dream-like, to something darker and industrial (I don't mean the industrial genre). It's good to listen to in the dark.

[Bandcamp] [SoundCloud] [Facebook] [Myspace] [Website]
(Album available for purchase on CD Baby, Bandcamp, iTunes, and Amazon [in order with least expensive first]. Check their website for CD Baby and Amazon links.)

No comments:

Post a Comment