Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Coming soon: Marionette ID - Alluvion



Being good friends with these guys, I figured I'd put some of my video post-production work to use and help them out with some promotional material or music videos. When I had contacted them about this offer I thought I was going to be editing together their tour videos as their new album promo. However, after showing Ákos Caspian's Tertia trailer he contacted me and was like, "I want something like that!!" Hah hah, I was like, "crap!!" I already had this idea of how I was going to edit this trailer.

For the next two weeks I tried to scrounge up something, watching various trailers as some kind of reference, and doing some brainstorming with the band members. There were a few ideas I had and some that the band had that I wish I had integrated into the video. To be honest, I'm not quite sure why I didn't. The hardest part, though, was the fact that I live in Oklahoma and there really isn't much here that is that screams "marionette ID." On top of that, my camera (Nikon P100) is far from professional. The video compression is absolutely horrendous in adequate lighting so I had to limit taking actual video. So, I resorted to time-lapse and compositing still photos and heavy colour correction and filtering to maintain and mask video quality.

Artists are always critical of their own work, and I'm fairly critical of this. But dealing with what I was given, it didn't nearly turn out as bad as I was expecting. And I got to try out a couple fun compositing effects that I hope to do with later videos.


Anyway, enjoy this little teaser. I'll be updating soon when Alluvion comes out.

In the mean time check out their two track EP previously released. These two tracks will also be available on Alluvion.
Download Transpire EP

[Last.fm] [Bandcamp] [Facebook] [Myspace] [Website]

No comments:

Post a Comment